How Can We Help

How Can We Help

How Bryson can support you

As your local State Member, I can offer a range of services.

Please contact the Callide Electorate Office on (07) 4845 1100 for assistance with any of the following:

Raise an issue with Bryson

If there is a State Government issue you would like to raise with Bryson, please phone the Callide Electorate office, submit an online enquiry or email your enquiry to

As a guide, here are the main areas of responsibility at our State Government level:

  • Agriculture
  • Health and public hospitals
  • Main Roads
  • Education and TAFE
  • National Parks and the Environment
  • Child Safety and the Prevention of Domestic Violence
  • Police and Emergency Services
  • Attorney-General
  • Sport and Recreation
  • Energy and Water Supply
  • Transport
  • Social Housing
  • Community Services
  • Tourism
  • Planning and Infrastructure
  • State Government land

Congratulatory Messages

If you, a relative or close friend is celebrating a significant birthday (90 or 100) or wedding anniversary (50, 60, 65 or 70) Bryson can arrange for a congratulatory message to be sent.

Please visit the Queensland Government web portal to download the forms and return it them to our office either in person or by emailing them to

Celebration Message From Notice Period

Wedding Anniversary

50th (Golden)

– Prime Minister of Australia
– Premier of Queensland
– Governor of Queensland

3 weeks

70th (Diamond)

– His Majesty The King
– Governor-General of Australia
– Prime Minister of Australia
– Governor of Queensland
– Premier of Queensland

4 weeks



– Prime Minister of Australia
– Premier of Queensland

3 weeks


– His Majesty The King
– Governor-General of Australia
– Prime Minister of Australia
– Governor of Queensland
– Premier of Queensland

4 weeks

Queensland Flags

Most organisations and not-for-profit or community groups, are eligible for a free Queensland flag. Those eligible include schools, tertiary institutions, Scouts, youth organisations, service associations such as Rotary and Lions, welfare and ethnic organisations, sporting clubs, historical societies, museums, show societies, local fire brigades etc.

Letters of support for grant applications

If you need a letter of support for your funding grant application, please contact the office with the details of your organisation’s application.

Queensland Parliament House tour bookings

Tours of Parliament House can be fun and informative, not just for school children but adults as well. BBQs and morning teas can be arranged too.

If you wish to organise a tour, please contact the Electorate Office. If Bryson is in Parliament on the day he may be able to meet your group and make your visit even more informative.

If you want to find more information directly from Parliament House please visit the Queensland Parliament website.

Electoral enrolment

If you need to enrol to vote for the first time or you have changed addresses you will need to fill out an electoral enrolment form. 

Forms are available at the Callide Electorate Office or you can be enrol to vote via the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website. You can also update your electoral roll details via the AEC website.

The AEC manages enrolments in federal, state and local government elections.

Become a JP or Commissioner for Declarations

Justices of the Peace and Commissioners for Declarations are highly-respected members of the community who play an important role in modern society. They are voluntary workers in Queensland’s legal system and perform a range of judicial and administrative functions. In a complex legal environment these people provide a variety of specialised services to the legal system and the Queensland public. Deb is able to nominate community members who wish to become JP’s. Just drop your documents into the Electorate Office.

The duties of a JP (Qualified) are more onerous than those of a Commissioners for Declarations. If you would like more information please visit the Attorney-General and Justice website.

How to Find a JP

If you need the services of a JP, the Department of Attorney General and Justice  provides an online listing of JP’s in Queensland.

In Queensland there is around 2200 JPs and C.decs volunteering their services to witness documents. This community service is a convenient way to obtain the signature of a JP or C.dec.

JPs in the Community signing locations can be found at various venues throughout Queensland including:

  • Major shopping Centres
  • Libraries
  • Court Houses
  • Universities
  • Hospitals